Technical Support Associate (Part-Time / Evening Shift)
Part-Time (20-30 hours per week) through November 2022
Remote (U.S. Only)
Impactive (formerly Outvote), backed by YCombinator and Higher Ground Labs, is an all-in-one hub for digital organizing. We power the organizing efforts of some of the country’s largest progressive campaigns, advocacy organizations, and unions.
We’ve worked with over 1,000 campaigns and organizations nationwide since our founding in 2017. Volunteers have used Impactive to send hundreds of millions of text messages on behalf of Biden/Harris 2020, Planned Parenthood, the DCCC, SEIU, When We All Vote, Community Change Action, and many more. Our work has been featured in The New York Times, Washington Post, POLITICO, TechCrunch, and Fast Company.
In 2022, Impactive will continue scaling our impact to new heights with the addition of our exciting broadcast texting and phone banking features. Join our team at this critical moment and dedicate your talent to fueling the progressive movement!
About the Role
Impactive’s Client Strategy team provides strategic client guidance and technical support, empowering our clients to become Impactive experts. We’re seeking a part-time Technical Support Associate for our evening shift, who will be responsible for responding to clients’ technical support requests efficiently and accurately. This role is best suited for someone eager to deepen their knowledge of digital organizing technology, specifically the Impactive software platform.
Shifts for this role will be scheduled on weekday evenings between 7-11 pm Eastern Time, with additional weekend shifts added as we approach the election in November.
- Respond to inbound support requests. Help clients resolve their technical issues by providing written responses to a high volume of tickets submitted via Zendesk. Provide a world-class support experience for Impactive clients by lending assistance with a helpful, friendly, and empathetic tone.
- Develop Impactive product expertise. Hone a strong understanding of the Impactive software platform, including a range of features like Peer-to-Peer Texting, Broadcast Texting, Phone Banking, Canvassing, Voter Registration, and more. Stay abreast of new Impactive feature launches and product improvements.
- Collaborate across teams. Identify, document, and communicate software bugs and other technical issues to other teams at Impactive, namely the Product and Engineering teams.
- Create product documentation. Collaborate with colleagues on the Client Strategy team (and other teams, as needed) to develop product documentation for the Impactive help center. Write clear and comprehensive technical documentation while maintaining brand voice.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- At least one election cycle’s worth of experience in political organizing (specifically digital organizing preferred). Ideal candidates have experience in peer-to-peer texting, relational organizing, and/or volunteer training.
- Helpful, empathetic, can-do attitude
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to write grammatically excellent, concise, and coherent technical responses
- Strong reading comprehension and listening skills, with the ability to quickly identify the root of a client’s need
- A voracious appetite for learning, particularly about software
- Strong working proficiency in tools like Slack, Notion, and Google Docs
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a fully remote team
We eagerly accept applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. Impactive is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our employees’ differences, and know that differences — of all kinds — make us infinitely stronger.
Compensation and Work Environment
- Hours: Roughly 20-30 per week through November 2022, with scheduled shifts on weekdays, 7 pm - 11 pm Eastern Time (4 pm - 8 pm Pacific Time). Weekend shifts will be required closer to the election in November, and will be divided among the Client Strategy team
- Compensation: $22-$30 per hour, depending on experience
- Live and work from anywhere in the U.S.
The application deadline for this role has now passed.